• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

gimmeavacschemepls

Standard Member
Dec 13, 2022
Hello I have an opportunity to have a dinner with a US law firm at my university. I have not applied for the vacation scheme. Is this something they would see as favourable even though my grades are not the highest. What is the aim of the dinner will those in attendance report back to the graduate recruitment.
The purpose of these dinners isn't necessarily to 'report back to graduate recruitment,' since they often attend the dinners themselves. For example, when I went to a careers dinner with W&C, there were representatives from grad recruitment present. However, I think these dinners are mainly a great opportunity for YOU to learn more about the firm, ask questions to trainees and associates, and get a better sense of the firm’s culture. It’s more casual and relaxed, so it’s not as stressful as some of the other ways to get to know a law firm — at least, that’s how I saw it! Also, I don't think attending really puts you at any competitive advantage over other candidates - W&C still rejected me after I was invited to attend their Open Day and Careers Dinner, lol. Hope that makes sense!

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Holding myself accountable - one new app:

CC* ✅📝
HSF ✅📝❌
NRF ✅📝❌
Weil ✅
Akin ✅
Sidley ✅
Orrick
Willkie ✅🎥❌
Cooley
Latham
Milbank ✅
Kirkland ✅
Skadden
Goodwin ✅
Covington ✅
Linklaters* ✅📝
Paul, Weiss ✅
Slaughters* ✅❌
Gibson Dunn
Macfarlanes* ✅📝
White & Case ✅
Morgan Lewis ✅
Hogan Lovells* ✅
Cleary Gottlieb ✅
A&O Shearman ✅📝❌
Vinson & Elkins
King & Spalding* ✅
Morrison Foerster ✅

Key: ✅ = application submitted; 📝 = test received; 🎥 = video interview; ❌ = rejection.

*Training Contract applications

Last edited:
Holding myself accountable - one new app:

CC* ✅📝
HSF ✅📝❌
NRF ✅📝❌
Weil ✅
Akin ✅
Sidley ✅
Willkie ✅🎥❌
Cooley
Latham
Milbank ✅
Kirkland ✅
Skadden
Goodwin ✅
Covington ✅
Linklaters* ✅📝
Paul, Weiss ✅
Slaughters* ✅❌
Gibson Dunn
Macfarlanes* ✅📝
White & Case ✅
Morgan Lewis ✅
Hogan Lovells* ✅
Cleary Gottlieb ✅
A&O Shearman ✅📝❌
Vinson & Elkins
King & Spalding* ✅
Morrison Foerster ✅

Key: ✅ = application submitted; 📝 = test received; 🎥 = video interview; ❌ = rejection.

*Training Contract applications
I love the honesty and transparency. I’m rooting for you my friend

AlegalA

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 4, 2023
I have a question- CMS have an insight day for "Non-law undergraduates and graduates studying in England, Wales or NI". I am a non-law graduate, however I have also completed the PGDL. Does this disqualify me from the insight day or could I still apply? (or should I be emailing early careers for clarification). Thanks!

maymays

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2024
I’ve got one too. I wonder if it’s to do with location? I’m in the midlands so I imagine they want to make it easier for ppl close to the office (London) then again, it quicker for me to come in than someone else who lives in SE/SW London. But I digress.

Congrats tho! I’m making a list of questions so if you want to discuss making some it would be great :)
I would love that! 😁

johnnysins

Aug 7, 2024
Is anyone else still waiting on a reply from Sidley Austin about their WVS? Submitted in September and heard nothing since - at what point is it a rejection?
ive spoken to grad rec and they mentioned we will still be receiving interview invites over the course of this week and the next

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.