Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
So after two years of applying I have finally been offered a TC with Eversheds after the completion of the summer vacation scheme. I am honestly OVER THE MOON!! Thank you for everyone’s help on the forum and I’m still in shock to be typing this!
Amazing news! Congratulations!

Happy Nicki Minaj GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Reactions: Erspencer

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
Hi all,

I haven't posted on here in a while but thought I would share that following multiple unsuccessful ACs and countless VI and SJT rejections, I have now been offered a TC at my dream firm after a VS.

I'm still in a state of disbelief and it'll take a while to sink in fully. Thank you to everyone on the forum for their support; this really is such a special community and I doubt I would be in this position without it.

I was on here almost everyday for three years, wondering why I couldn't get a VS, let alone a TC. I've now done it, and everyone else on here is fully capable of doing the same. Persistence is key and it only takes one yes!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi all,

I haven't posted on here in a while but thought I would share that following multiple unsuccessful ACs and countless VI and SJT rejections, I have now been offered a TC at my dream firm after a VS.

I'm still in a state of disbelief and it'll take a while to sink in fully. Thank you to everyone on the forum for their support; this really is such a special community and I doubt I would be in this position without it.

I was on here almost everyday for three years, wondering why I couldn't get a VS, let alone a TC. I've now done it, and everyone else on here is fully capable of doing the same. Persistence is key and it only takes one yes!
I love posts like this! Congratulations on all your hard work. Sometimes the perseverance really pays off, especially to get you to your dream firm!

Shark Tank Good Job GIF by ABC Network

• Love
Reactions: laby201

sm99

Distinguished Member
Feb 5, 2020
just wanted to mention to anyone who has received a TC and is eligible for the LPC - it’s worth asking your firm.

My offer letter stated sponsorship for the LLM SQE1&2, but I asked if I could switch to the LPC MSc as I am a 2020 LLB grad and eligible and they said yes! Not sure how every firm will react but it’s definitely worth asking the question

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
just wanted to mention to anyone who has received a TC and is eligible for the LPC - it’s worth asking your firm.

My offer letter stated sponsorship for the LLM SQE1&2, but I asked if I could switch to the LPC MSc as I am a 2020 LLB grad and eligible and they said yes! Not sure how every firm will react but it’s definitely worth asking the question
You can ask but most firms are moving to the SQE as the old training system has far more regulation and structure that they have to comply with that they don’t have to with the SQE. There is no harm in asking, but I would expect that in most instances there is a significant chance they will say no.

Reactions: sm99 and AlexJ

_shims_

Standard Member
Jul 15, 2024
Hi, one of the questions on the Trowers application is 'Describe a recent commercial news story that interested you and explain how it relates to us'

I was thinking of writing about how the government has recently lifted the de facto ban on onshore wind farms because I am interested in renewable energy, which is a growing area for Trowers. Would this be okay, or is this story better classed as public policy rather than commercial news?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, one of the questions on the Trowers application is 'Describe a recent commercial news story that interested you and explain how it relates to us'

I was thinking of writing about how the government has recently lifted the de facto ban on onshore wind farms because I am interested in renewable energy, which is a growing area for Trowers. Would this be okay, or is this story better classed as public policy rather than commercial news?
That is very much a commercial story, so you are okay to use this.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
When you've not converted. Thank you.
I don't think there is an actual number (know this is not the most helpful response) due to the number of variables that could happen.

For instance, doing 5 over 5 years is very different to doing 5 over one cycle. Its also very different if they are also all very recent rather than some many years ago.

One person doing 5 schemes could have had 5 very different reasons for being unsuccessful at those firms, while the next could be getting consistent feedback that they need to develop in a certain area.

And then someone could have done 5 vacation schemes at 5 very different firms, while another may have applied to all 5 MC firms.

Generally though if you have done multiple vacation schemes (3+) in one cycle and are rushing into applying for the next cycle to either the same or similar firms, and got similar feedback, I'd say it is more of a concern. But if the variables are more varied (like those above), it is less of a concern, especially if you can show development/growth or can identify why you have finally found the right firm for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.