TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Bro I’m gonna be honest, how do u get four vac schemes and not convert one. MC firms convert virtually everyone from their scheme too I thought? No hate genuinely curious.
Slaughters work experience was not assessed.
Debevoise I wasn’t a team player.
Travers I messed up written task.
Ropes & Gray written task again.

RonRod13

Valued Member
  • Nov 18, 2023
    The spring one wasn’t in 2018.
    Damn that’s crazy bro, you’ll get something eventually tho. Just apply to easier firms or consider applying out of London. Competition can be up to 80% less. I know it’s not ideal as an oxbridge grad but u can always move to London later as an NQ. Just a thought tho

l789

Distinguished Member
    Aug 19, 2020
    For those that applied to HSF for a vac scheme, did you apply for the winter one- they had their last headlines event today and was wondering if people feel it’s worth waiting to attend that (virtually or in person) to gain more insight and then apply (this is for next year)

Or do people just send an application straight away, without doing any virtual events with the firm?

For those that applied to HSF for a vac scheme, did you apply for the winter one- they had their last headlines event today and was wondering if people feel it’s worth waiting to attend that (virtually or in person) to gain more insight and then apply (this is for next year)

Or do people just send an application straight away, without doing any virtual events with the firm?
    I sent an app without going to any of their events. Can’t help but feel if I’d had contact with them before applying it might have prevented my app from sitting in the ‘wait and see’ pile to decide on after the deadline. If you can meet them so they know you when your application comes through, I would do it.
    Just make sure you go into it knowing about the firm and with a bunch of good questions.

Tintin06

Legendary Member
    Oct 23, 2019
    I know someone who didn’t convert a links vac last year so not sure how accurate that is either
    100% unlikely - someone will mess up. Slaughters’ Easter scheme may have changed. I appreciate people’s feedback on here. I’m not in a good place. This forum is very useful honestly.

l789

Distinguished Member
    Aug 19, 2020
    I sent an app without going to any of their events. Can’t help but feel if I’d had contact with them before applying it might have prevented my app from sitting in the ‘wait and see’ pile to decide on after the deadline. If you can meet them so they know you when your application comes through, I would do it.
    Just make sure you go into it knowing about the firm and with a bunch of good questions.
    Thank you so much for this insight!

Zi48

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 1, 2022
    Just wanted to say, HSF is non-rolling, so everyone that passes the test is put in the ‘wait and see pile’. The people that have progressed to AC already must’ve applied for the winter VS.

Jo05

Oct 10, 2024
    I don’t feel lucky anymore. I’m fairly blunt but use my experiences to help this. No condescension is meant. Which posts are you referring to? I’m just bored of waiting for a TC. I believe I should have got it
    I don’t feel lucky anymore. I’m fairly blunt but use my experiences to help this. No condescension is meant. Which posts are you referring to? I’m just bored of waiting for a TC. I believe I should have got it by now.
    It is actually helpful. Not condescending at all in my opinion.

safari3

Mar 28, 2024
    Thank you very much. Just one more question, does it follow the same structure as the WG (deduction, evaluation etc.)?
    Hopefully someone else answers aswell because I genuinely can't remember, sorry :( My best guess is that it had less sections (I think three). It definitely wasn't structured exactly like the WG, but tested similar skills in a shorter, more condensed format. Any prep you've done for WG assessments will be beneficial.

Reactions: Brandon93

Brandon93

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Sep 25, 2018
    Hopefully someone else answers aswell because I genuinely can't remember, sorry :( My best guess is that it had less sections (I think three). It definitely wasn't structured exactly like the WG, but tested similar skills in a shorter, more condensed format. Any prep you've done for WG assessments will be beneficial.
    Thanks appreciate the help!

• 🤝
    Reactions: safari3

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.