TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

AlegalA

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Dec 4, 2023
I have a question- CMS have an insight day for "Non-law undergraduates and graduates studying in England, Wales or NI". I am a non-law graduate, however I have also completed the PGDL. Does this disqualify me from the insight day or could I still apply? (or should I be emailing early careers for clarification). Thanks!

maymays

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 20, 2024
I’ve got one too. I wonder if it’s to do with location? I’m in the midlands so I imagine they want to make it easier for ppl close to the office (London) then again, it quicker for me to come in than someone else who lives in SE/SW London. But I digress.

Congrats tho! I’m making a list of questions so if you want to discuss making some it would be great :)
I would love that! 😁

johnnysins

Aug 7, 2024
Is anyone else still waiting on a reply from Sidley Austin about their WVS? Submitted in September and heard nothing since - at what point is it a rejection?
ive spoken to grad rec and they mentioned we will still be receiving interview invites over the course of this week and the next

shana

• Sep 22, 2024
    I need advice, please.

I've just received a Linklaters AC invite for the winter vac scheme. The problem is that around 10 pm last night, I had to go to the hospital for a severe dog bite injury on my right hand. It's expected to heal around the day of the AC, but this has drastically affected my ability to prepare, as I'm right-handed.

Do I ask for additional time and adjustments? Should I request HR to postpone my interview and assessment day? I'm not sure if that's even possible, given the typically shorter time frame to get everything sorted for the winter vac scheme. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    @F a v o u r Hope you're okay! Congrats on the AC invite.

Jessica has already responded, but could I just ask you when you completed all your online assessments? I'm just so anxious to hear from Linklaters and want to see when I could expect a reply. :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.