• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Hana ♥

Esteemed Member
Jan 7, 2023
Why am I having so many issues today - did anyone who applied to Covington's Legal Horizon events (corp/disputes) have the Winter/Summer Vacation Scheme applications become unavailable to them? The only thing I can apply to is the Mentoring scheme... lol

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: B2025

B2025

Star Member
Premium Member
Jun 28, 2024
Why am I having so many issues today - did anyone who applied to Covington's Legal Horizon events (corp/disputes) have the Winter/Summer Vacation Scheme applications become unavailable to them? The only thing I can apply to is the Mentoring scheme... lol
This sometimes happens with App4law so email GR and they will fix it. It happened with me for 2 Birds last year and they added the create a new application box.

• 🤝
Reactions: Hana ♥

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Can I mention in the work experience section that a legal shadowing placement I was meant to be doing for one week was reduced to three days because I couldn't attend the whole week due to illness? @Jessica Booker
I personally wouldn't worry about including this detail - I would just focus on what you experienced and gained from the placement instead.

Reactions: lawyersum

legallady123

Standard Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi, just wondering how difficult the NFR test is before beginning an application. The deadline is very soon, so unsure whether it will be enough time to prep. Can anyone advise me on what kind of format the tests are? Are they similar to Ashurst cognify? Thanks :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.