• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

legallady123

Standard Member
Mar 30, 2021
Hi, just wondering how difficult the NFR test is before beginning an application. The deadline is very soon, so unsure whether it will be enough time to prep. Can anyone advise me on what kind of format the tests are? Are they similar to Ashurst cognify? Thanks :)

Hana ♥

Esteemed Member
Jan 7, 2023
Hi, just wondering how difficult the NFR test is before beginning an application. The deadline is very soon, so unsure whether it will be enough time to prep. Can anyone advise me on what kind of format the tests are? Are they similar to Ashurst cognify? Thanks :)
Hey! It's a game-based assessment similar to pwc. There is not much to prepare for - except for usual googling of Arctic Shores/looking it up on YouTube so that you get an idea of the tasks.

Amma Usman

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2024
Can I add headings for application answers?

For instance, for this question to separate my answers to the experiences I want to talk about: "Please give details of any interests and extra-curricular activities, including any positions of responsibility or achievements. Tell us what skills and competencies you have developed in the activities you have undertaken and how you developed these"

@Amma Usman
Hi @Lastseasonwonder. I had used a combination of both prose and headings, as well as bullet-points in my application answers and got progressed onto the next stage. However, often times I found myself using prose. I would say regardless of which format you use, ensure you answer all arms of the question and don’t spin off on any tangents. Hope this helps, and feel free to drop any more questions if you have them :)

Reactions: Lastseasonwonder

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.