• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Guys I'm doing NRF's Artic shores. How long do people attempt the last question because I am Struuggling. I got to the very last one twice but failed both times and idk if it's better to get to the end of it or just give up?
The question asks you to check it's secure not to get in. So you make a judgment how many times you need to try and not get in to show its secure rather than actually crack the code. 30 mins I am afraid may indicate you didn't understand what you were supposed to be doing.

kokoprep

Premium Member
Nov 18, 2023
I agree with @Jessica Booker that these are skills more than qualities and that you need to look more at general personality traits. I think you can keep the points you were going to make about these skills and just change the wording to replace them with the relevant associated qualities. For instance:
  1. Instead of 'problem-solving' you can discuss being an 'analytic' person.
  2. Instead of 'teamwork', you can discuss being 'collaborative' or 'empathetic'
  3. Instead of 'attention to detail', you can discuss being 'meticulous' or 'conscientious'
Thank you so much!

Reactions: Andrei Radu

THE GOAT

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jun 9, 2024
How did the interview go btw?
Thanks for asking! I haven’t heard, but it was very conversational and everyone I met was extremely nice! Great firm. I think it went pretty well but always hard to tell. I was happy with how I presented myself but as we all know it is extremely competitive so who knows the outcome. Really enjoyed the process, waiting to hear is the hard part! Have you got an interview with them?

• 🤝
Reactions: Ram Sabaratnam

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Thanks for asking! I haven’t heard, but it was very conversational and everyone I met was extremely nice! Great firm. I think it went pretty well but always hard to tell. I was happy with how I presented myself but as we all know it is extremely competitive so who knows the outcome. Really enjoyed the process, waiting to hear is the hard part! Have you got an interview with them?
Not yet, they're in my top five firms though, along with Willkie, Milbank, SullCrom (who aren't open yet) and White & Case. Were many other people doing interviews that day? I know the Jones Day interview is literally just go in, have an interview, leave. Is Sidley more of an AC?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.