• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Okay thank you. When I submitted my application, it said to expect a response within the 10 weeks of the end of the deadline. So it looks like I could wait till mid October 😕 I’ll email to hear what they have to say
That can be normal for firms - many don’t finish their TC process until the end of September/early October

vdktn

Standard Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2022
Hey everyone:)

I applied to Slaughters in 2022/23 and got an interview, but was rejected after that. I'm now considering reapplying.

The website says: 'Those who have had an unsuccessful training contract application are unlikely to be successful in a subsequent application unless there has been a significant development which alters their application. We do not tend to re-interview candidates for training contracts.'

However, I asked the HR person who gave me my feedback and she said that it might be possible if I've improved enough (she gave the example of work experience). My feedback was that I hadn't shown a strong enough desire for a legal career. At the time, I was doing a non-law master's course. I've now completed the PgDL (with distinction) and done a vacation scheme at an international firm. Do they keep a record of everyone they've interviewed? Is it worth reapplying? Thanks in advance:)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.