• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 9747

at the end of what I thought was a final stage tc interview the partner mentioned he might get a couple of us back for a coffee as the actual final round.

Trying to read into this.. not sure if I was a little too nervous and they felt they couldn’t tell if I’d be a good fit

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Is it good form to send a thank you emails after interviews?
Plenty of people do this, and plenty of people don't. It is highly unlikely to influence the outcomes from the assessments. However, I think it is generally a polite and nice thing to do.

If you do email (and don't worry to those who have not in the past, its really not that important), keep the email short/concise and focused.

Sometimes people get a bit too overzealous with the amount of things they are saying thank you for or take it as an opportunity to try and re-emphasise their motivations or try to apologise/compensate for weaker interview questions.

Reactions: lawyerdreams
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.