• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSharon

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2023
I'm starting to regret not applying to W&C. It's my top firm but I applied twice last year (vac scheme and TC) and thought that since they don't take many from direct TC I'd better apply for vac scheme in the next cycle. But seeing these ACs is making me regret that choice. Also haven't been able to reset password for Paul Hastings and login for almost two weeks now so that's gone as well.

Jmk

Feb 3, 2021
I'm starting to regret not applying to W&C. It's my top firm but I applied twice last year (vac scheme and TC) and thought that since they don't take many from direct TC I'd better apply for vac scheme in the next cycle. But seeing these ACs is making me regret that choice. Also haven't been able to reset password for Paul Hastings and login for almost two weeks now so that's gone as well.
Use a different email address

• Dislike
Reactions: Donuttime

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
I've only seen one person on here get a VI and one person's friend get an AC, been radio silence for most of us so I wouldn't fret too much over it - shoe is on the opposite foot for me and I'm regretting the time I spent slaving over it

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
FF rejection post WG — does anyone know if this typically comes down to test scores or overall application?

Also does hogan lovells allow you to reapply for direct TC if you were rejected for VS in same cycle?
Overall application, you can ask for your WG score, but in the winter cycle some people were in the 99th percentile and got rejected

In the Hogan Lovells VS FAQ it says “If your vacation scheme application is unsuccessful, you will need to wait until the following year to complete a training contract or another vacation scheme application.”

Reactions: fta2024

Donuttime

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 17, 2021
Overall application, you can ask for your WG score, but in the winter cycle some people were in the 99th percentile and got rejected

In the Hogan Lovells VS FAQ it says “If your vacation scheme application is unsuccessful, you will need to wait until the following year to complete a training contract or another vacation scheme application.”
How do you ask for your WG score?

tcplz

Premium Member
Aug 12, 2019
For Accutrainee's tc application, they have a section to include a cover letter as well as the following question: Why do you want to become an Accutrainee? Please also outline the things that make you a great candidate and why you stand out.

Surely that answer can be included in the cover letter?
Would appreciate advice from anyone who has applied before - I applied two years ago and was rejected. I have ac/vi experience with a handful of international firms so can offer advice on those!

For Accutrainee's tc application, they have a section to include a cover letter as well as the following question: Why do you want to become an Accutrainee? Please also outline the things that make you a great candidate and why you stand out.

Surely that answer can be included in the cover letter?
Would appreciate advice from anyone who has applied before - I applied two years ago and was rejected. I have ac/vi experience with a handful of international firms so can offer advice on those!
I just had the first stage interview with Accutrainee yesterday. There was definitely some overlap in my answer to the question and my cover letter, but in the question answer I focused more on personal motivation for specifically applying to Accutrainee, along with some brief sentences regarding my current position and how that matches the application. In my cover letter I went into much more depth, articulating the specific skills I have developed from my experience, whilst also speaking of additional motivations for applying to Accutrainee specifically (I did re word some similar points here so don't worry too much about that). My answer to the form question was quite concise, and I essentially used my cover letter to flesh out the points more.

Hope that helps a bit!

Reactions: tcplz
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.