• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Holding myself accountable (again).

CC* ✅📝
HSF ✅📝❌
NRF ✅📝❌
Weil ✅
Akin ✅
Sidley ✅
Willkie ✅🎥
Cooley ✅
Latham ✅
Milbank ✅
Skadden ✅
Goodwin ✅
Covington ✅
Linklaters* ✅📝
Paul, Weiss ✅
Slaughters* ✅
Gibson Dunn ✅
Macfarlanes* ✅📝
White & Case ✅
Hogan Lovells* ✅
Cleary Gottlieb ✅
A&O Shearman ✅📝

Key: ✅ = application submitted; 📝 = test received; 🎥 = video interview; ❌ = rejection.

*Training Contract applications

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just to clarify as I think they were referring to their friend getting through rather than the 2;1 requirement.

On the application form to the HSF WVS it states "we do look for consistent 2:1s throughout all your undergraduate modules". IDK if its just poorly worded, pretty harsh requirement!
That is pretty strict and I am surprised to hear that - but if it says that, then I would expect people will need all 2.1s in their modules unless they have mitigating circumstances.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
if you draft a not as great application answer for a VIRTUAL open day, will you still likely get a place? Because it is online and I'm sure they would want to give it to majority of people?
Aka is it less competitive
I’d still expect you to need to draft a good standard of application even if the event is not competitive.

Reactions: Tintin06

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Hey everyone, I need some advice. Taylor Wessing asks for a cover letter, but one of their questions is "What motivates you for a career in Law at Taylor Wessing and what key skills would you bring?". This question essentially overlaps with the content of the cover letter. How can I avoid repeating myself in both?

@Andrei Radu

safari3

Standard Member
    Mar 28, 2024
    Hey everyone, I need some advice. Taylor Wessing asks for a cover letter, but one of their questions is "What motivates you for a career in Law at Taylor Wessing and what key skills would you bring?". This question essentially overlaps with the content of the cover letter. How can I avoid repeating myself in both?

@Andrei Radu
    @Mariyam_M Early careers said the answer to the application questions should be concise and straight to the point and that the cover letter is an opportunity for your personality to come through. So I would recommend choosing experiences that are more personal in the cover letter and experiences that are more direct for the application questions. They chose to include both application questions and a cover letter deliberately, so make sure to showcase as much of your whole self as you can. Hope this helps!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.