• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

I think people have had interviews and now just waiting to hear back !

Hi guys, do you think it is too late to hear back from Sidley now? (Winter Vac S)
I don’t think so? I emailed grad rec and they said they’re in the process of screening applications. I’m assuming that means more interviews may still be held.

Maddy

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Apr 8, 2024
For the question "How have you chosen to use AI tools (such as ChatGPT) in your application (99 words)?" I have answered this question as, "I have used AI tools such as ChatGPT to check for grammatical errors and Grammarly to assist with proofreading in my application." Is this a suitable response, or should I add more detail?

Maddy

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Apr 8, 2024
For the question "How have you chosen to use AI tools (such as ChatGPT) in your application (99 words)?" I have answered this question as, "I have used AI tools such as ChatGPT to check for grammatical errors and Grammarly to assist with proofreading in my application." Is this a suitable response, or should I add more detail?
@Andrei Radu @Ram Sabaratnam

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Do Bird & Bird not accept LPC graduates? Only SQE?
    On their website --> At Bird & Bird, our preference is that our future trainees study the SQE route. However, we will not base our decision on who to recruit for our training contract based on whether they have completed the LPC or SQE, or if they have or have not studied a PGDL, LPC or SQE at all. We will discuss individual circumstances with all those offered a training contract.

Reactions: Ram Sabaratnam

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.