• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

saminoriya

Premium Member
  • Aug 11, 2024
    Has anyone done the Simmons & Simmons blended assessment yet?

If so, is it timed? And are you able to tab out to prepare for the interview questions
    They record u throughout the whole assessment. You have unlimited time to prepare for interview questions but your camera is constantly on. Basically the same as for A&O if you've done it.

Reactions: juaanperez

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Is it worth applying for Taylor wessing spring scheme if apps opened on Sep 1st and theyre rolling? Or am I better off applying for the Summer scheme instead?
    As the deadline is not for another 5 weeks, I think it is still worthwhile applying. It’s not even half way through the application window, and the vast majority of people won’t apply until the last week or two.

rras

Premium Member
    Feb 22, 2024
    Is it appropriate to say something like 'having spoken to future trainees at x firm' but not name the future trainees in your application? Alternatively I could name them, but I'm not sure if its as relevant as they aren't actually working at the firm yet. Or is it not worth talking about future trainees at all?

SoonToBeTrainee

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 29, 2023
    Which US firms anecdotally care more about early applications?
    Not many tbh. I think we’d struggle to count on one hand how many firms genuinely take rolling basis strictly.

If your application is strong enough, it won’t really matter when you apply (within reason).

Some firms like Willkie operate semi-rolling. But, as long as you apply around 2/3 weeks before the deadline, you’ll be fine.

milo

Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2022
    DLA has no deadline, only that it will stop taking apps once enough have been received. For various reasons I'd like to wait to submit my app next week but concerned that the window will close. Any ideas when-ish that will be? It opened on 16th September.

Trying4aJob

Jan 19, 2022
    I submitted to NRF yesterday and received the text below. However, the link they sent me doesn't seem to work. Is anyone else experiencing this ?

"Thank you for submitting your application to Norton Rose Fulbright LLP.

Norton Rose Fulbright LLP is proud to be using the Rare Contextual Recruitment System which allows us to understand each applicant’s achievements in the context in which they have been gained. We seek to recruit the best people, from every background, regardless of their personal circumstances, and the CRS help us to do that. The CRS is only ever used to screen people in, not out and under no circumstances are candidates ever marked down for supplying this information."

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.