TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

m12

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 26, 2023
@Jessica Booker will be able to tell you more about this, but I would definitely not worry about your grades situation. Showing consistent improvement is definitely valued and first year grades tend to be taken into account the least. Besides a very few number of firms which are well-known to have a preference for 1.1s or consistent high 2.1s, you will not be at a disadvantage. Even for those few firms I would not discourage you to apply, as an overall high 2.1 in your degree will likely mean your application will still be considered seriously.

That said, I do not think that your grades are strong enough to set you apart from the crowd in the application process. As such, I think it will still be key to focus on researching the firms in a lot of depth and writing high-quality applications.
Thank you!!

ghostyb

Dec 12, 2023
Does anyone have any insight on whether to apply to the Bird & Bird Vacation Scheme or 25/26 TC? I'm a recent LLB graduate and would be able to complete the SQE in time for the TC start dates in either 2025 or 2026, but I don't have VS experience, so not sure whether it would be more advantageous still to apply to VS instead of the direct TC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker Could you help me with this?
I would contact the firm to check but if there it maybe that this is the only time they have available, and so I would consider booking in for this if you are available for then. If you are not, then definitely contact the firm to see if they will add any additional dates.

Reactions: Giorgos

0livia.pope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2023
Does anyone have any insight on whether to apply to the Bird & Bird Vacation Scheme or 25/26 TC? I'm a recent LLB graduate and would be able to complete the SQE in time for the TC start dates in either 2025 or 2026, but I don't have VS experience, so not sure whether it would be more advantageous still to apply to VS instead of the direct TC?
Usually firms recommend applying for a VS before the TC

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.