TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

cet1997

Apr 5, 2024
Whats the policy for law firms with chatgpt? I obviously don’t mean getting AI to write them. I mean more like is it a risk to put your essays into it for grammar and punctuation checks or would that make your applications be flagged?

trainee2025

Distinguished Member
Nov 3, 2020
Can anyone who has an Assessment Centre at Baker McKenzie for the direct TC message me if they have their booking is either 28th May or 4th June and are willing to swap to 13th June. I have a vac scheme that runs 9th - 21st June so I am only able to attend the 28th May or 4th June assessment centres. I would be incredibly grateful if I could swap those dates as I am getting desperate and would mean the world to me! :)
I think this would best be resolved by contacting graduate recruitment. If they can’t honour it, then I think that would probably be it.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Whats the policy for law firms with chatgpt? I obviously don’t mean getting AI to write them. I mean more like is it a risk to put your essays into it for grammar and punctuation checks or would that make your applications be flagged?
There won't be a standard policy, but many ATSs won't have the functionality to flag use of AI in an answer - it is more likely only going to be flagged by someone interpretating it as such (and even then the firm may not have an issue with it depending on the quality of your answer).

• ℹ️
Reactions: cet1997

kokoprep

Premium Member
Nov 18, 2023
There won't be a standard policy, but many ATSs won't have the functionality to flag use of AI in an answer - it is more likely only going to be flagged by someone interpretating it as such (and even then the firm may not have an issue with it depending on the quality of your answer).
Hi - Could you please check the DM, I have messaged about a mitigating circumstance query a week ago.

Kaye4444

May 8, 2024
I did not mention an employment in my vetting checks form as it was for two weeks and then I got fired. I have new employment at a bank and they are asking me for a years bank statements since I have no other employment since graduation. But the in the two-week employment they did pay me and it shows on the bank statement. What should I do? will this cause a serious issue?

lookingforaTC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2024
I did not mention an employment in my vetting checks form as it was for two weeks and then I got fired. I have new employment at a bank and they are asking me for a years bank statements since I have no other employment since graduation. But the in the two-week employment they did pay me and it shows on the bank statement. What should I do? will this cause a serious issue?
I'm in similar situation.

I got 'fired' from my job after two weeks. What really happened was I left and never said anything. Less than a month of employment there and my contract said I did not have to give notice (so I didn't lol).

This was the second time for me working for this company - and I put the first time I worked there as it's my only proper work experience I have. However, I am worried that when they seek a reference that they will find out about the second stint at the company.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.