• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

MCL

• Aug 14, 2024
    Anyone here got a guide on Freeths’ strength based interview
    Do you mind me asking what this is for? I applied for their Legal Assistant (Paralegal) role for the London office back in March, did some online test and then heard nothing for months. I emailed in June asking when they'd get back to me and they said they'll only review my app when there's an opening and will contact me then - but still haven't heard anything.

Maddy

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 8, 2024
    I am currently seeking paralegal roles, particularly in Intellectual Property (IP) and Data Protection. I have a few months of work experience in the legal field, but I've noticed that many entry-level positions require 2 to 3 years of experience. It’s been a bit challenging to find opportunities that match my level of experience.

If anyone knows of any firms or companies that are open to hiring paralegals with less experience, especially in the IP or Data Protection fields, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations or advice.

Catherine25

Standard Member
    Dec 18, 2023
    For anyone waiting for Stephenson Harwood I received this today:

Thank you for your email and please accept my apologies for the delayed response. There has been lots of change in the Future Talent team recently; I joined last week. We are working hard to review the training contract applications we have received, and expect to have an update for you by the middle of September.

SamiyaJ

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 16, 2024
    Thank you for the update! It’s driving me mad 😂
    For anyone waiting for Stephenson Harwood I received this today:

Thank you for your email and please accept my apologies for the delayed response. There has been lots of change in the Future Talent team recently; I joined last week. We are working hard to review the training contract applications we have received, and expect to have an update for you by the middle of September.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Iwantatcpls

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.