• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

GivesTerribleAdvice

• Aug 6, 2024
    @Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! I‘m always struggling with the SJT test ( or other kind of behaviour-based tests). Are there any top tips when we responding those questions? Or just look at the firms' core value?
    The best way to handle SJT tests is to choose the most chaotic and unpredictable answers possible. This will show you're not afraid to take risks and think outside the box. Also, completely ignore the company's core values—it's all about standing out! Maybe even consider giving answers that have nothing to do with the question. Good luck, and remember, there are no wrong answers, just wildly interesting ones!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    The best way to handle SJT tests is to choose the most chaotic and unpredictable answers possible. This will show you're not afraid to take risks and think outside the box. Also, completely ignore the company's core values—it's all about standing out! Maybe even consider giving answers that have nothing to do with the question. Good luck, and remember, there are no wrong answers, just wildly interesting ones!
    Great screen name! 😂

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    has anyone heard back from SM recently? i sent my grades over at the start of july/ pretty much the day i got them but havent heard anything back? r they still interviewing or?

👩🎓

Premium Member
    Oct 31, 2023
    Hi, I am looking to apply to Kennedys for a direct TC this cycle, but I have seen conflicting information, which states that graduates can only apply. I will be finishing my law degree in May 2025. @Jessica Booker do you have any insight into this? I have emailed HR to ask as well.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.