• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

StewartJones

Mar 30, 2024
The email I have just received says they will now consider my application and result. I am a little confused as the initial email upon receiving the MMAT said we reached the next stage, but a few people have said they think the test is automatic.

Does this mean I have just reached the benchmark from the MMAT?
Got the same email. The test is automatic (at least it is this year). The MMAT is not really a next stage. The probably forgot to change the wording in the email.

Reactions: illegallyblonde

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
TC offer after my 5th cycle, bowing out gracefully 🙇‍♀️
Good luck to everyone else!
What a wonderful way to bow out!

Congratulations and incredibly well done. Perseverance is a very important quality to have when you are a lawyer, and you will have had that in bucket loads to keep going over the last five cycles.

You definitely deserve one of my cheesy standing ovation GIFs!

standing ovation applause GIF

TeeTee123!!

Aug 14, 2024
Hi everyone,

I received an invite to the Mayer Brown trainee simulation assessment and feeling a bit overwhelmed as to what I can expect. Does anyone have any tips on how to prepare for it or any insight as to what I can expect?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.