• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Ram Sabaratnam

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2024
@Jessica Booker Hi Jessica! I find the TCLA's application review is now closed, when it will reopen?

Hi @TC seeker

That's odd - as far as I know, they shouldn't be closed. Have you tried to purchased an application review from this link? Do let me know if that doesn't work, and I can get in touch with the team here :)

KSV

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2019
Hiya @KSV

So great you're applying to Covington - they're a great firm 🥳

While it wouldn't necessarily be wrong to include a section on why you want to pursue commercial law, I’d recommend focusing directly on the question: why Covington, and how you see yourself contributing to the firm’s success. You can still show your commercial awareness by discussing Covington’s specific work and the commercial or legal impact it has in areas you’re interested in.

By addressing the question head-on, you’ll be able to make better use of the word count to highlight your knowledge of the firm. For example, you could mention particular cases, deals, or practice areas that resonate with you and explain why you find them interesting or significant. This will also give you the chance to do what the question is asking you to do - show how your skills, experiences, and interests align with the firm’s work and culture.

Rather than try to give an answer to why commercial law in this question, you can incorporate your understanding of Covington's clients, sectoral expertise, and market position to demonstrate your commerciality. It’s about weaving that insight into your reasons for wanting to join Covington specifically.

Hope this helps, and best of luck with your application!
This is so helpful - thanks Ram :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Ram Sabaratnam

searchingforaTC

Standard Member
Premium Member
Jan 11, 2023
Hi, I have a paralegal interview scheduled with the IP team this Friday, and I was hoping to get some insights on the types of questions I might be asked. This will be my first paralegal interview, so I’m especially curious about what to expect, particularly any technical questions related to IP. While I completed a module on IP law in my second year of university, I don’t have any work experience in this area, and I’m a bit nervous about how to prepare.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated! I'm curious to see what @Jessica Booker thinks.

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.