• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I got the bronze membership a few days ago but somehow created 2 different accounts with the same email address🤦🏼‍♀️. Could I please get some help trying to access the premium database/sorting out my accounts? Thank you!
Hi there - please can you PM me with the proof of purchase and also add the two account names you currently have, and which one you want the membership tied to. I can then change the settings on one of the accounts to you have access to the premium content. We will only be able to allocate this to one of the two accounts though.

Reactions: zara elles

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know how to answer "tell us about your hobbies and interests"
Is this an application question or an interview question? And if an application question, have you also been asked about your extracurriculars/positions of responsibility elsewhere in the application?

lawyersum

Star Member
Jun 28, 2024
Can anyone offer advice on Pinsent's blended assessment, in particular what type of questions they ask for the video portion of the assessment?
Hey, I did the Pinsent’s blended assessment last recruitment cycle and I do remember one of the video questions being scenario based. It was based on receiving feedback from your supervisor regarding improving your attention to detail and how you would react and implement this. Obviously the questions must have changed now, but basically do be prepared for maybe one scenario question. The other question was firm-based.

Apart from that, there’s a decent amount of numerical reasoning so keep a calculator and pen paper handy. The assessment itself I found to be quite time pressured given the firm advises you not to spend more than 1 hour on it. But don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll smash it- hope this info helps! :)

Last edited:
  • 🏆
Reactions: Brandon93

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
The Jones Day cover letter is only 300 words... I'm thinking that maybe I essentially just do it as why Jones Day considering I have a VS under my belt already and work full-time in a relevant legal role so it can basically be covered in my work experience section?

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
Also considering we only have 100 words for these, could I do bullet points? I have a lot of extra-curriculars:

Please give a brief summary of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements gained at School, University, Law School or in employment.
-
Please give a brief summary of any activities you've been involved in outside academic study or work over the last four years.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Also considering we only have 100 words for these, could I do bullet points? I have a lot of extra-curriculars:

Please give a brief summary of any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility and any other noteworthy achievements gained at School, University, Law School or in employment.
-
Please give a brief summary of any activities you've been involved in outside academic study or work over the last four years.
You don't need to use bullet points as such but can provide more of a list of your activities under sub headings if you have a lot.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.