TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

0livia.pope

Star Member
Nov 26, 2023
I guess the longer statement does not bring a definitive, cause-and-effect link between yawning and being tired and bored, while the shorter statement does. While we can assume that being tired and bored is an inducer of yawning, and hence assume the shorter statement is false, but it could also be due to something else which occurs when we are tired and bored, so it could be a correlation/causation moment.

I also guess the ambiguity in the longer paragraph, particularly concerning the word 'assume', does not correlate to us being able to definitively conclude the statement is 'false'.

This is just my interpretation though! Also sorry if it doesn't make sense, I find communicating arguments like this quite difficult.
Thanks!! This makes more sense now, I think I need to be less definitive in this section of the test

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.