• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Please give details of your extra-curricular activities, and any prizes, scholarships, positions of responsibility, or noteworthy achievements that will support your application.

For this question, how many points should we aim to mention and should we outline the skills we gained from those experiences?
There isn’t really a fixed number for this type of question - I would just try to showcase as much variety as possible.

Amma Usman

Esteemed Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2024
Hey @legal18. Where the exact time is unspecified, I recommend submitting as soon as possible on the 6th. For some firms where the time is not stated, this could be 12pm, 11:59pm, etc. So, just to be safe, sooner is recommended.

Reactions: legal18

patternteddybear

Esteemed Member
Jan 4, 2023
I have been quite unwell so haven’t yet started my application journey. My plan is to start from tomorrow and just power through - I aiming to apply for Spring and Summer Vacation Schemes. I have exams in January so realised that Winter Vacation Schemes most likely wouldn’t be ideal as I have lots of revision to do over Christmas! Terrified about applying but I have updated my CV and so just need to get on with the applications now!

• 🏆
Reactions: legal18

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.