• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

TC seeker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 2, 2023
    Hey - Can someone who has completed Allen & Overy Application last cycle for VS or TC, please share insights into the video interview questions that is part of the assessment? I believe A&O Shearman also has the same application format coming up for the next cycle. Thank you!
    Do they have the VI? I assume they only have the SJT after submitting the application ( from their website

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Where can I find practice written assessments to help me prepare for an upcoming AC?
    Not necessarily practice assessments, but there is some useful general advice/guidance here:

If it is more of a written case study format, you could attempt our old written case studies. Unfortunately we no longer provide feedback on these, but they can be a useful practice assessment to at least try/attempt:

Reactions: Sharon Wu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Morgan Lewis TC after finishing the VS :'-))))) I am [redacted] my pants, I can't even believe I'm typing this
    😂

Congratulations and well done!

Grand Slam Sport GIF by Wimbledon

Reactions: hungry_for_TC

O

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 27, 2019
    Hello - I have my Assessment Day for Linklaters coming up in a week. This is for their India Internship/ Winter Vacation Scheme. I would greatly appreciate any tips/ resources for the Case Study and Interviews (HR and Partner) as this is my first time ever sitting for an AC and feel extremely clueless.

Thank you :)

@Jessica Booker @Jaysen
    Check out the interview experiences on TCLA and the commercial law academy M&A course. Personally found them nearly identical to the AC down to the questions asked.

Reactions: Sofia Dash

l789

Star Member
    Aug 19, 2020
    Has anyone done the Perkins Coie interview for the legal work experience opportunity. I’m not sure what kind of questions will be asked as it’s with both business service professionals and associates - both separate interviews, however the associates are unavailable so my interview will only be with business services employees.

SaLM

Star Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 27, 2024
    Hi everyone!

Was hoping someone could provide me with some advice about final partner interviews for vac schemes? Just got my notification from the firm that I've been put forward for one but I'm not sure what to expect!!! Ofc I'll reach out to trainees at the firm but if anyone has any general advice would really appreciate it 🤗

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi everyone!

Was hoping someone could provide me with some advice about final partner interviews for vac schemes? Just got my notification from the firm that I've been put forward for one but I'm not sure what to expect!!! Ofc I'll reach out to trainees at the firm but if anyone has any general advice would really appreciate it 🤗
    Spend some time really reflecting on your time on the scheme:

- what’s been the most enjoyable?
    - what’s been the most challenging?
    - has the time on the scheme surprised you in anyway (good and bad)?
    - what do you think you have learnt the most?
    - has the scheme changed your opinions of the firm in anyway (not just that you like the firm, but maybe you have found stuff out that has made you feel you might want to experience different things during your TC)

And then prepare to provide answers that will analysis why this firm in a much deeper level. You maybe asked to compare the firm to others you have applied to and think about the pros and cons of why their TC is going to be the right one for you vs the other firms you have either done vacation schemes with, worked elsewhere, or just applied to.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.