• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

omnium

Oct 15, 2024
guys I really would appreciate some input, so my grade average for first year was about 67% and for second year was about 64%, I'm currently in third year and wanted to ask if this would put me at a disadvantage when applying to MC firms (and which ones, apart from Slaughter are known to be more strict about grades)

Andrei Radu

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2024
guys I really would appreciate some input, so my grade average for first year was about 67% and for second year was about 64%, I'm currently in third year and wanted to ask if this would put me at a disadvantage when applying to MC firms (and which ones, apart from Slaughter are known to be more strict about grades)
Hey @omnium! While having a slight decline in your yearly average is not ideal (and is something that you may need to be able to discuss in an interview), this should not be an issue. Being on track for a strong mid 2.1 will likely not disadvantage you for any of the other MC firms. I personally know people with grades in this range getting TC offers from Freshfields, Linklaters and A&O. The only firms besides Slaughter and May which anecdotally are more grade-focused are some of the original white shoe NY firms, but even with them I think with a strong enough application you will have a decent chance of progressing.

Isabel Elsey

BCLP Graduate Recruitment
Oct 15, 2024
Anyone else been asked for a transcript on the application form from BCLP but unable to upload it?
Hi there,

The transcript section of the application form is for those who were educated abroad and can't fill out their grades in the usual academic section of the application form, so please don't stress if this is left blank when you submit your application!

Adwoa

Premium Member
Jan 28, 2024
Did anyone apply to EDF?

Has anyone heard back from PWC Post VI?

I received the Gowling Arctic Shores assessment link today.

Did anyone apply to EDF?

Has anyone heard back from PWC Post VI?

I received the Gowling Arctic Shores assessment link today.
Hi, I applied to EDF, and I'm preparing to take the video interview. Have you had the interview yet, and if so, do you have any tips?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.