• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! @Jessica Booker

I hope you are well and appreciate all your help :)

I have a question regarding application forms and the SQE. I have self-funded and passed SQE1 and 2 while working full-time. The issue is, I failed SQE2 by 1% so I had to retake it. Should I make it clear in the application forms with the mitigating circumstances or should I email the firms and ask? As I don’t want to waste my time on an application if there is no chance at all due to the resit. I hope my question makes sense and thank you so much!
I would email the firm first to see if they allow resits and see what response you get from them. It maybe that they are okay with it, especially as you have subsequently passed SQE2, but I think it is worthwhile checking what their own sponsored trainee policy on resits is as they are likely to apply it to external candidates too.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.