• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Firms don't seem to care about unsuccessful applicants but they do care about successful ones. Anyone know why?
Volume of one vs the other mainly.

Not the best analogy but think of it a bit like dating though. Do people care about the people they don’t date as much as those they do?

VMS

Distinguished Member
Oct 16, 2023
Have there been multiple people getting TIs with W&C? I've done the VI, but haven't heard back. I thought there was only a few people that had heard back post-VI, but I just saw people mentioning on here that ACs were being given out? Has anyone on here proceeded past TI/know of people who have for this cycle? Just curious as I tend to get my hopes up, haha, so would like to be prepared to brace myself for a PFO.

• 🤝
Reactions: R4Y and lolololol

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Have there been multiple people getting TIs with W&C? I've done the VI, but haven't heard back. I thought there was only a few people that had heard back post-VI, but I just saw people mentioning on here that ACs were being given out? Has anyone on here proceeded past TI/know of people who have for this cycle? Just curious as I tend to get my hopes up, haha, so would like to be prepared to brace myself for a PFO.
They run lots of Vac Schemes. Don't hold your breathe I say.

Xyz113

Aug 20, 2024
I haven’t heard anything at all since the video interview

Reactions: VMS and R4Y

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker, when applying to smaller commercial firms and they ask for a cover letter, should you still follow the traditional why law, why the firm and why you structure?
Yes, I would still follow that structure, unless any of these elements were covered elsewhere in the application.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.