• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

MCL

• Aug 14, 2024
    Is the winter training scheme at Freshfields for graduates?
    Do you mean the Graduate workshop? I think that'll open in October and that's for graduates specifically. I've only ever applied for the direct TC, nothing else, but I'm guessing the December/Jan TC deadline will be for grads and the summer 2025 deadline will be for (law) students.

Reactions: Amjaya

MCL

• Aug 14, 2024
    Any news from Stephenson Harwood, Edwin Coe, White & Case, Addleshaw Goddard, Paul Hastings, Hogan Lovells (post WG) or K&L Gates? Just send me the PFOs already 😭
    No news from AG, PH or K&L Gates - although tbf I applied on the deadline (31st July) for all three. I emailed Edwin Coe 2 weeks back asking when they'd get back to me (fully expecting a PFO) and they said they're still reviewing.

Reactions: SamiyaJ

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2023
    W&C deadline was 14.07.2024. I submitted my application on 04.06.2024. Even if they were assessing applications in batches, and the people who’ve submitted on the day of the deadline have gotten PFOs, why haven’t I?
    I’m aware that they got done with ACs long back so it’s not like they’ll progress my application any further :/

It’s just… the wait is terrible. I just want closure.
    Same except I applied deadline day.. was definitely expecting a PFO yesterday when others got them though

futuretraineesolicitor

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 14, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker , hope you are well. Just wanted to ask, if:

1 - It is better to have fewer work ex entries that are incredibly detailed (whilst being concise ofcourse), or is it better to have multiple work ex entries that are shorter and less descriptive.

2- Does the duration of work ex entries matter to grad rec, for example if cumulatively I have 1 year of legal work experience, do I automatically become better than someone who has 6 months' legal work ex? Or is it only about how work ex is described?

Thanks in advance.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.