• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

Maddy

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 8, 2024
Maybe someone else will have a better idea about this but I'm a graduate and I applied for their Jan deadline (PFO after tests) because I assumed I didn't qualify for the summer deadline. Not sure about HL but I know for Freshfields also have 2 TC deadlines and the summer one is for current students - I asked around in July last year and found out I was ineligible. Might be worth emailing HL GR and asking.
Thank you!

chanse2108

Premium Member
Apr 30, 2024
If I have a TC at a small regional firm and just started my training, but I feel that I want to do a different type of work. is it ok to still apply for vac schemes and TCs at large international firms? Will my application be turned down because I am already a trainee? @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I have a TC at a small regional firm and just started my training, but I feel that I want to do a different type of work. is it ok to still apply for vac schemes and TCs at large international firms? Will my application be turned down because I am already a trainee? @Jessica Booker
Are you an SQE or LPC Trainee?

Amjaya

Star Member
Sep 24, 2023
Maybe someone else will have a better idea about this but I'm a graduate and I applied for their Jan deadline (PFO after tests) because I assumed I didn't qualify for the summer deadline. Not sure about HL but I know for Freshfields also have 2 TC deadlines and the summer one is for current students - I asked around in July last year and found out I was ineligible. Might be worth emailing HL GR and asking.
Is the winter training scheme at Freshfields for graduates?

MaheeVohra

Jun 4, 2024
W&C deadline was 14.07.2024. I submitted my application on 04.06.2024. Even if they were assessing applications in batches, and the people who’ve submitted on the day of the deadline have gotten PFOs, why haven’t I?
I’m aware that they got done with ACs long back so it’s not like they’ll progress my application any further :/

It’s just… the wait is terrible. I just want closure.

BM99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 12, 2021
W&C deadline was 14.07.2024. I submitted my application on 04.06.2024. Even if they were assessing applications in batches, and the people who’ve submitted on the day of the deadline have gotten PFOs, why haven’t I?
I’m aware that they got done with ACs long back so it’s not like they’ll progress my application any further :/

It’s just… the wait is terrible. I just want closure.
Honestly after cycles I have given up trying to understand their recruitment processes (when do they send rejection emails/next stage emails, etc). Will probably say if you really want this, keep your hopes high. If you think you probably won't progress to the next stage, maybe just shift your focus on preparing for the next cycle.

Reactions: MaheeVohra

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.