• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

MCL

• Aug 14, 2024
    Anyone heard from Dentons or Trowers for the final TC interview?

I did the McQuaig test for Trowers and got an email saying I've made the benchmark and they're considering my app.

For Dentons, I did the initial test and then the video interview around 2 weeks ago but nothing yet on the final interview. I saw on Linkedin today someone got the TC but I checked out their profile and they've been a paralegal at the firm for the last 2 years. Do you think this might have had an impact on their app progressing faster or just that I should expect a PFO?

MCL

• Aug 14, 2024
    When firms say "Given the quality of your application, we would encourage you to consider reapplying ..", is it to soften the blow or did they really like the application @Jessica Booker?
    Haha! Is this for RPC by any chance? I received a rejection earlier today and the email said the same thing. I think it's to soften the blow for everyone or maybe they did an initial sift and then a 2nd sift and we didn't pass the 2nd sift. I applied in June and didn't receive any test invites so I just assumed PFO.

• 🤝
    Reactions: justgivnr and Iwantatcpls

Iwantatcpls

Jan 10, 2022
    Haha! Is this for RPC by any chance? I received a rejection earlier today and the email said the same thing. I think it's to soften the blow for everyone or maybe they did an initial sift and then a 2nd sift and we didn't pass the 2nd sift. I applied in June and didn't receive any test invites so I just assumed PFO.
    Omg yeah ahahaha

Same, when I saw the test invites going out, I had a feeling it was a PFO

• 🤝
    Reactions: justgivnr and MCL

Iwantatcpls

Jan 10, 2022

I did the McQuaig test for Trowers and got an email saying I've made the benchmark and they're considering my app.

For Dentons, I did the initial test and then the video interview around 2 weeks ago but nothing yet on the final interview. I saw on Linkedin today someone got the TC but I checked out their profile and they've been a paralegal at the firm for the last 2 years. Do you think this might have had an impact on their app progressing faster or just that I should expect a PFO?
    With Trowers, based on their emails you won't hear anything until the end of the month (based on their website) once you've passed the benchmark for the McQuaig

Reactions: MCL

jmak

Star Member
    May 12, 2024
    TC offer at a silver circle firm following a summer VS! 6 application cycles and 6 years of rejections, and I finally got one! 2023/24 was going to be my last application season before giving up. Gave the last application season my all and got furtherest I have ever been in a cycle, with several interviews, AC's, 2 VS's and 1 TC offer! For anyone facing rejections and thinking of giving up, keep going, your application gets better and you will get there in the end! Thank you to the TCLA community and Jessica Booker, this forum has been extremely helpful in preparation for the interviews and assessments!

law12345

Premium Member
    Nov 23, 2022

Hi, I think all the TCs are from VSs - including the paralegals!

Reactions: user3883930

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    TC offer at a silver circle firm following a summer VS! 6 application cycles and 6 years of rejections, and I finally got one! 2023/24 was going to be my last application season before giving up. Gave the last application season my all and got furtherest I have ever been in a cycle, with several interviews, AC's, 2 VS's and 1 TC offer! For anyone facing rejections and thinking of giving up, keep going, your application gets better and you will get there in the end! Thank you to the TCLA community and Jessica Booker, this forum has been extremely helpful in preparation for the interviews and assessments!
    Posts like this make me so happy!

Congratulations and incredibly well done on your efforts, not just this year but over the last six cycles. Your determination has clearly been worth it and I am delighted to hear that TCLA has helped contribute to your journey.

Well Done Applause GIF

• 🏆
    Reactions: 19.mfjones and jmak

user3883930

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 22, 2024
    Damn, really? I did their initial application, online test and then video interview. Why make me/others do all this to then give out all offers to people from VS's?
    From what I've heard, they haven't given out all the offers to VS yet. I think they send out responses in batches, I still haven't heard back after submitting my application!

Reactions: User5678 and MCL

law12345

Premium Member
    Nov 23, 2022
    Damn, really? I did their initial application, online test and then video interview. Why make me/others do all this to then give out all offers to people from VS's?
    No, sorry, they have spaces for sure! I just mean that the only ones given out so far are from the VS. Even if we'd all got it from VS there were still ones left!

Reactions: MCL

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.