• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
I am back for cycle 7 - here we go again! I was unsuccessful post-VS in the summer but most of the feedback was really positive so hoping I am closer to the finish line this year šŸ€ I refuse to let my confidence hold me back again!
Hi all! I'm also back for cycle no 368,890,761. I took the spring and summer off to focus on my new job and on developing new skills. After a failed TC interview and a failed VS, I really hope this is my year. Good luck everyone šŸ¤ž

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi all! I'm also back for cycle no 368,890,761. I took the spring and summer off to focus on my new job and on developing new skills. After a failed TC interview and a failed VS, I really hope this is my year. Good luck everyone šŸ¤ž
It makes the process feel far less lonely knowing there are others in the same boat. My DMs are open if you ever want to chat and good luck!

wqueens8

Jun 28, 2024
sorry if this sounds silly but how do i list things chronologically.

of course i know that means most recent first, but what about ongoing things. e.g

Job 1 (proper job) May 2022- Present
Job 2 (variable hour job) Sep 2023 - Sep 2024
Campus Ambassador, Sept 2024 - Present
Open days/insight events - August 2024
Open days/insight events - September 2024
Volunteering Feb 2024 - Sep 2024

what order would those go in, recent to oldest. Job 1 is the oldest but is still going on, whereas Job 2, my volunteering and open days/insight days are newer, but have finished.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
sorry if this sounds silly but how do i list things chronologically.

of course i know that means most recent first, but what about ongoing things. e.g

what order would those go in, recent to oldest. Job 1 is the oldest but is still going on, whereas Job 2, my volunteering and open days/insight days are newer, but have finished.
Reverse chronological by end date, which would be:

Kay Aston

Star Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 8, 2024
omg mine did go in the junk never mind I got it but I dont think I can go because its going to be super expensive from manchester? Is anyone else from manchester?
Hey there @SSR27 ! Congratulations on the Open Day! I want to second @Jessica Booker's advice to travel down a day or two early if possible, but also wanted to flag that if you email the firm and explain your situation, they are often very understanding from my experience, and may be able to help you out with costs. Similarly, i'm not sure if you're a current student or not, but if so speak to your university, they often have hardship funds for this exact sort of thing.

SSR27

Sep 13, 2024
Hey there @SSR27 ! Congratulations on the Open Day! I want to second @Jessica Booker's advice to travel down a day or two early if possible, but also wanted to flag that if you email the firm and explain your situation, they are often very understanding from my experience, and may be able to help you out with costs. Similarly, i'm not sure if you're a current student or not, but if so speak to your university, they often have hardship funds for this exact sort of thing.
Thank you so much! Luckily for me My SFE drops a few days before so I can book my tickets a few days before and be able to cover the difference. Fingers crossed HSF does cover the difference if not then I will make sure to take many pictures of London to make it worth the extra Ā£70.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you so much! Luckily for me My SFE drops a few days before so I can book my tickets a few days before and be able to cover the difference. Fingers crossed HSF does cover the difference if not then I will make sure to take many pictures of London to make it worth the extra Ā£70.
Please donā€™t feel you canā€™t at least ask the firm as to whether they can cover the additional costs. If you flag this earlier, itā€™s more likely they will be able to cover the additional costs.

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Back for cycle seven - 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2022, 2023, 2024 (2021 doesn't really count since I did a Masters). Let's go!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.