• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

dr579

Jun 2, 2024
I'm planning to apply for some firms which recruit on a rolling basis, like White & Case. A number of them offer open days but these occur closer to the Vacation Scheme deadline. Should I delay my application until/if attending the Open Day or should my priority be to apply to the Vacation Scheme ASAP?

If you were a Trainee Solicitor at Baker McKenzie, where would you want to go on secondment and why? (this may be client specific, country specific, or both) (300 words max) *

Hey! I have decided to go for the country-specific option, and I was wondering if it would be worth mentioning a specific country & practice area, or should I aim to keep it general?

Thank you in advance!

User5678

Aug 16, 2024
If you were a Trainee Solicitor at Baker McKenzie, where would you want to go on secondment and why? (this may be client specific, country specific, or both) (300 words max) *

Hey! I have decided to go for the country-specific option, and I was wondering if it would be worth mentioning a specific country & practice area, or should I aim to keep it general?

Thank you in advance!
I think you should focus on a practice area and then choose a country accordingly where the practice area is doing well (I had spoken to trainees and this is something I had asked them)

Reactions: fingersarecrossed

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.