• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

SoonToBeTrainee

Distinguished Member
  • Dec 29, 2023
    Jones Day PFO post-interview.

I thought the interview went really well too.

I do think firms should provide interview feedback. Telling us “it’s very competitive” and that “luck plays a huge part” is not particularly helpful or reassuring, even if it is true.

It’s only the beginning of the cycle, yet I already feel a bit hopeless. The application and interview process has given me a sort of anti-imposter syndrome.

Why not me?
    Am I undesirable as a candidate?
    Will I ever get a TC? Or, is this just a pipe dream.
    Why is this year going to be any different to the previous years of constant rejection?

So many of us have pursued this career cycle after cycle, year after year. It’s genuinely heartbreaking to continually be told ‘no’.

Sorry for the low mood. But, I’m sure many of you reading this often feel the same way. We always hear about the success stories, but not much about how the rejections affect us. This is a bit of a nothing/pointless post, but I just want you all to know that, regardless of how you feel, you’re not alone.

Tintin06

Legendary Member
    Oct 23, 2019

I do think firms should provide interview feedback. Telling us “it’s very competitive” and that “luck plays a huge part” is not particularly helpful or reassuring, even if it is true.

It’s only the beginning of the cycle, yet I already feel a bit hopeless. The application and interview process has given me a sort of anti-imposter syndrome.

Why not me?
    Why is this year going to be any different to the previous years of constant rejection?

So many of us have pursued this career cycle after cycle, year after year. It’s genuinely heartbreaking to continually be told ‘no’.

Sorry for the low mood. But, I’m sure many of you reading this often feel the same way. We always hear about the success stories, but not much about how the rejections affect us. This is a bit of a nothing/pointless post, but I just want you all to know that, regardless of how you feel, you’re not alone.
    Do a subject access request honestly.

Trying4aJob

Jan 19, 2022

Why not me?

Mad that they are already rejecting people after interview and others have not even heard yet whether they are having an interview

Reactions: User5678

fingersarecrossed

Star Member
  • Feb 11, 2024

Why not me?

its completely understandable to feel like that and im sorry it didnt go to plan. you should be extremely proud to have passed the application stage for a US firm and gotten the interview.
    its only september and wow you have already made it to the second round already?? thats an amazing achievement! it only means you will get further and further this cycle! keep going you got this

l789

Star Member
    Aug 19, 2020
    I’d wait to apply for the VS, cause you’ll probably get helpful insights from the Open Day which you can use in the VS app
    I feel like PW open days are going to be extremely competitive…. They’re open to all stages including any year undergrads and graduates.

Nevertheless I agree, I’d still 10000% apply to the open day before the vac scheme

• 🤝
    Reactions: legalxp2

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.