• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Andrei Radu

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 9, 2024
Anyone have any tips on key areas to discuss for Freshfields personal statement. Am thinking of focusing on (1) cross-border expertise with focus on success in US market, (2) cross-functionality of corporate and litigation practices, and (3) uniqueness of training programme?
Hi @DulyDiligent! Just to add to @Ram Sabaratnam's great response, I think (1) and (3) are great, especially if you provide further analysis like Ram suggested. I think (2) can work as well, but you will have to be careful as to how you draft this as a USP, because there are other firms who arguably have this cross-functionality as well.

Regarding tips as to what else you could include, I would discuss Freshfields' leading corporate M&A credentials. In 2023 Freshfields was ranked above all the other magic circle firms in terms of both average deal value and total deal value. It is also arguably the leading firm for European M&A, topping most of the deal rankings.

Reactions: Ram Sabaratnam

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.