TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

A2025

Premium Member
Jun 28, 2024
Yeah they are rolling, but I submitted my VS application to them today and it does clearly say that whilst they review on a rolling basis, they won’t make any decisions until after the deadline. So it’s surprising to see that this is evidently not the case
I think that is due to it being near the deadline and they have received lots of applications recently it is why that. I have had this experience with rolling firms in the past also.

asplawyer100

Feb 13, 2024
I think that is due to it being near the deadline and they have received lots of applications recently it is why that. I have had this experience with rolling firms in the past also.
Yeah that makes sense. Since they have already sent out VI invites is it then safe to assume that anyone who hasn’t got one is PFO? I thought I was safe submitting it today (6 days before the deadline) but I guess it was a waste of time

Reactions: A2025

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
@Jessica Booker

For the Debevoise & Plimpton application, they ask: 'Please indicate if there are any preferred practice areas that interest you.' (250 words). Is there any chance you could clarify whether you think they're asking for a 200-250 word answer about my preferred practice areas and why and how I've shown this interest, or if they're just wanting me to write down three practice areas?

Thank you for your time!
Four words - international dispute resolution group.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.