• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2024-5

lookingforaTC

Esteemed Member
Feb 16, 2024
For those who are Paralegals - can I ask what your notice is after your probation period? I am a paralegal at the moment and my notice after 6 months probation will be 3 months - and I am wondering if this is industry standard or just my firm.

I'm thinking who is gonna wait 3 months to hire a paralegal with 6 months experience 💀

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    does anybody happen to know what the interview process for travers will look like for a direct tc? i can't imagine it'll just be one interview like they usually do? wondering if anybody has any insights :)

WhiskeyCharlie

Standard Member
    Jan 3, 2023
    For those who are Paralegals - can I ask what your notice is after your probation period? I am a paralegal at the moment and my notice after 6 months probation will be 3 months - and I am wondering if this is industry standard or just my firm.

I'm thinking who is gonna wait 3 months to hire a paralegal with 6 months experience 💀

8 weeks @ a top 20 city firm. This is for 12 month FTC.

Reactions: Jessica Booker

hmevey

Sep 7, 2024

One month after probation - for a full service city firm!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

bangarangbass39

Legendary Member
    Sep 13, 2023
    I still have no update from AG. There’s 3 weeks left for them to make a response - they said we should hear back within 10 weeks from the deadline. (I can’t remember where I read this so I might be wrong.)

I haven’t got a good feeling anymore

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have just been made a TC offer for the GLD! I am so happy, and I just wanted to thank everyone who has helped me during the application process!! :)
    This is fantastic news! Congratulations and well done!

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.