• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I’m guessing a lot of grad rec are on holiday hence why there hasn’t been that many responses for TC applications? Cause no idea what’s going on
Even if they are not, it is a very busy time for graduate recruitment with summer vacation schemes, preparing for the next recruitment cycle, preparing for trainee inductions, planning seat rotations, on-boarding trainees to law school etc.

Its probably the busiest time of year for many of those teams.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone, this is off topic, but I’ve just been offered a paralegal position at a law firm in a home county. Wondering how you negotiate salary and what to look out for in the offer? I’m also curious what’s the going rate for paralegals in Home Counties. @Jessica Booker will it be ok if I private message you for advice?
The Home Counties is a pretty broad salary range in itself due to the variety of locations.

You can PM me, but I won't have specific knowledge about salaries for firms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.