• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

legal_student2024

May 7, 2024
This post maybe helpful.

I always stress that before putting in the SAR contact them one last time and explain you will seek a SAR but you would prefer if the feedback can be provided to you without you having to submit one. This usually will trigger most feedback requests being met as it’s a significant amount of work for a SAR compared to providing the feedback.
Thank you so much - really useful pointer!

norothrow324

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Got this from Dentons, sounds like they will be responding in batches.

Thank you for your interest in Dentons.

We are reviewing a high volume of submitted applications. This is done on a rolling basis, and we aim to get back to all candidates as soon as we are able to.

I can confirm you haven't missed any communications from us. You don't need to take any action right now, and we hope to update you shortly.

We appreciate your patience and if you have any questions in the meantime, please let me know.

Kind regards

Dentons Early Careers Team

• ℹ️
Reactions: BonanzaBih_ and Sharon Wu

Madeline186

Mar 19, 2024
I have recently accepted a tc offer following a successful vs (still in disbelief!). Even though I got the tc I’d still like feedback on the tests just out of curiosity really but they have only sent feedback to unsuccessful candidates.

How do you think it would seem if I ask for feedback? I am concerned that it may come across as just looking for praise when I’m really just curious!

@Jessica Booker do you have any thoughts on this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I have recently accepted a tc offer following a successful vs (still in disbelief!). Even though I got the tc I’d still like feedback on the tests just out of curiosity really but they have only sent feedback to unsuccessful candidates.

How do you think it would seem if I ask for feedback? I am concerned that it may come across as just looking for praise when I’m really just curious!

@Jessica Booker do you have any thoughts on this?
Yes - you can still ask them for the feedback. It is something firms will be used to getting requests for.

_shims_

Standard Member
Jul 15, 2024
Hi everyone. I am applying for a direct training contract at Payne Hicks Beach, and the only application question on the form is: 'Please write a short statement in support of your application (600 words)'

I was thinking of writing equal parts of why law, why PHB and why me (basically the standard cover letter structure). I just wanted to confirm whether my approach is okay, or since it's a personal statement, I should focus more on me and less on the firm.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.