• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzeLaylor

Distinguished Member
  • Oct 15, 2021
    idk if i was imagining things, but i genuinely thought the freshfields TC deadline was the 1st of august so i completely missed it :(

in other news, i got invited for a VI at eversheds sutherland a few hours ago for their TC - you win some you lose some!
    I thought I saw this deadline too. Maybe they had a lot of apps and decided to close early

Oh well - all the best for your VI!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and legallybrunette8

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys,

I have a couple of interviews (for a job and a TC) lined up and was wondering what kind of questions do you ask at the end of the interviews?
    @Jessica Booker, do you have any tips?
    Thank you in advance
    I don’t think there is a type of question as such. It is more about asking genuine questions about the opportunity or the employer that will help you work out whether it is the right one for you. Try to think of it this way, what information would you need about the opportunity/working environment that would influence your decision to accept/decline the role.

Reactions: AS24

jmak

Star Member
    May 12, 2024
    I have an AC coming up with a written exercise and group assessment. Both are one hour each. Can someone provide an example of the type of written assessment or group assessment that can be done in an hour? Can someone with experience with TC AC's please provide some tips and go through what they did in their AC?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have an AC coming up with a written exercise and group assessment. Both are one hour each. Can someone provide an example of the type of written assessment or group assessment that can be done in an hour? Can someone with experience with TC AC's please provide some tips and go through what they did in their AC?
    Have you been given any details of what the written exercise consists of? There are lots of different formats so practice assessments can be quite tricky unless your told the purpose of the exercise (eg drafting vs attention to detail).

Jmk

Feb 3, 2021
    Have you been given any details of what the written exercise consists of? There are lots of different formats so practice assessments can be quite tricky unless your told the purpose of the exercise (eg drafting vs attention to detail).
    Hi Jessica, only information about the written assessment is what they are testing which is :
    - Time management
    - Evaluation of information
    - Commercial awareness
    - Curiosity
    - Written communication
    for the group assessment they said they are testing:
    - Collaboration
    - Communication
    - Adaptability
    - Resilience
    - Client service
    - Evaluating information

We were not given more information.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have advice on how to send an email reneging on a TC offer? It's a very awkward, but privileged situation to be in. But I prefer the second firm I got a TC with over the first!

Thanks!

(tagging @Jessica Booker in case you have some advice, thanks)
    Call them first. It will be far better to speak to someone than rely on email and you can have a reasonable conversation regarding it.

When you then follow up with an email, you just have to state you are withdrawing your acceptance for Job Title to start date TC starts.

Reactions: starbright
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.