• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

arthurr

Standard Member
  • Feb 7, 2024
    It isn’t really about the method of notes, it’s more about making sure they are pointers rather than a heavily scripted set of notes that will come across more like a rehearsed speech rather than a natural conversation. If every have told you that you can have cue cards, you’ll be able to have paper of some format (or even notes on a device). It’s more about how heavily you have to rely on them.
    Thanks Jessica!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Jessica @Jessica Booker , can I ask a question regarding academic referee?
    I am not sure whether it's okay to select 'no' for the firm to contact the academic referee without further consultation. Because I am an international student, and I am afraid that my university might not be responsive. I have completed a degree in the UK which verified my academics; I can also offer transcripts certified with the university's official stamp - would these be enough for the firm to verify my grades if the university is not responsive? Thank you!
    I don’t think that is a basis to say no. If a university is not responsive, the firm will contact you and ask for alternative contact details or for you to provide alternative proof of your academics (eg a formal transcript).

The firm will want to go to your university first because academic fraud is a very prevalent thing and they will want someone else to provide the details rather than you in the first instance.

Reactions: Cherikon

Cherikon

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 30, 2023
    I don’t think that is a basis to say no. If a university is not responsive, the firm will contact you and ask for alternative contact details or for you to provide alternative proof of your academics (eg a formal transcript).

The firm will want to go to your university first because academic fraud is a very prevalent thing and they will want someone else to provide the details rather than you in the first instance.
    Thank you!

Wannabe_Lawyer

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 22, 2018
    idk if i was imagining things, but i genuinely thought the freshfields TC deadline was the 1st of august so i completely missed it :(

in other news, i got invited for a VI at eversheds sutherland a few hours ago for their TC - you win some you lose some!
    I also remember it being August 1st...I think they may have brought it forward.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.