• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petallove1

Legendary Member
Feb 8, 2023
Hellooo, v pleased to say that a few weeks ago I was offered a training contract at my favourite law firm after what feels like a very long time of applying!! I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who posts on here and ofc the TCLA team for all of the helpful advice! Wishing everyone all the best with their apps and always happy to chat privately if you private message me 🫡

BonanzaBih_

Legendary Member
Jan 17, 2023
Hellooo, v pleased to say that a few weeks ago I was offered a training contract at my favourite law firm after what feels like a very long time of applying!! I wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who posts on here and ofc the TCLA team for all of the helpful advice! Wishing everyone all the best with their apps and always happy to chat privately if you private message me 🫡
Big congratulations!!🫶🏾

• 🤝
Reactions: Petallove1

arthurr

Standard Member
  • Feb 7, 2024
    Hello everyone and @Jessica Booker , I am attending Tees Law's (a regional firm) TC assessment centre on Thursday. There is a group exercise. The only info I have about it is that it is an interactive group role play which lasts 30 mins (in groups of 10). The assessment criteria is based on my interaction and decision-making as part of a group (teamplay). There is no further information on it, however.

As this is my first assessment centre, could I get some advice on how to better prepare for this? What will this group exercise typically entail?

desperateTCseeker1998

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2023
    Please use the space below to provide details of any careers events you have attended e.g. insight days, workshops, presentations etc. These do not need to be White & Case specific. (Max. 350 words)

If I haven't attended any events then do I lie or leave it blank? I did not know these events were a thing until I left university and then I went into full time work so not easy to attend the few virtual ones which aren't linked to a university. Do I talk about the workshops and presentations from my vacation scheme?

Are there any virtual ones I can watch back somewhere online and pretend I attended (considering I've done the same as what those who did attend did)

johnnn821

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Did everyone who applied for Eversheds London TC get this?

"We have filled our 2026 Training Contract places following our summer vacation scheme and our internal process for the location that you have applied for and therefore unfortunately won't be progressing your application. However, we would strongly recommend applying for next years vacation scheme as this is when we have the most number of places to fill each year. We will open to applications for this vacancy on 1 October later this year."

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    I just noticed a pretty big grammatical mistake in the work experience section of a submitted application. I obviously cannot do anything about it now - but has anyone else noticed large typos/grammar mistakes in the past and still been fine?

Reactions: LillyandSilver

LehmanBrothersRiskManagementIntern

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 23, 2023
    I just noticed a pretty big grammatical mistake in the work experience section of a submitted application. I obviously cannot do anything about it now - but has anyone else noticed large typos/grammar mistakes in the past and still been fine?
    Yeah, I progressed with a couple of firms despite having typos in the application

arthurr

Standard Member
  • Feb 7, 2024

Yeah, I progressed with a couple of firms despite having typos in the application
    Yea same I progressed with a silver circle too

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Congratulations! This is fantastic news.

Grammy Awards Clapping GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

• 🤝
    Reactions: Petallove1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.