• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have a clue about the costs associated with self sponsoring a vac scheme visa?
You can’t self sponsor work visas - they have to be with your employer. You can look for alternative visas that allow you to work though, such as the post graduate visa, but the costs really depend on what visa you are applying for.

• ℹ️
Reactions: futuretraineesolicitor

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What counts as "extracurricular and leisure interests"? For extra-curricular that would be the standard societies and sports, but then what would constitute "leisure"?
Sports and societies will be included in this. Consider an extra curricular as anything where other people are expecting you to turn up or deliver something. Leisure would be the things you do where the only commitment you are making is to yourself.

Reactions: hannah04

evie99

Standard Member
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2023
Does anyone know how much notice Ashurst typically gives for the final interview? I'm not going to be given exact dates until next week and I was originally planning on going away for the weekend but now I'm not sure if I should prioritise interview prep

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Does anyone know how much notice Ashurst typically gives for the final interview? I'm not going to be given exact dates until next week and I was originally planning on going away for the weekend but now I'm not sure if I should prioritise interview prep
Last year I got told about the interview on 23rd June, got the email to book the slot on the 29th, and my interview was 7th July

• Love
Reactions: evie99

Jobenjoyer1323

Mar 7, 2024
When did they told you you had got through to the next round? I got the holding email saying they would get back today but still nothing. Also, one of my friends was told that they don't do the final interview till July, but not sure how reliable the info is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.