• Hey Guest, leading international law firm BCLP is live right now in the forum! This is a perfect opportunity to ask any questions you have to the recruitment team. Ask a question here!

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

BonanzaBih_

Legendary Member
Jan 17, 2023
If I am applying to a firm that has a strong IP practice would it be worth mentioning that I took it as a module even though it was my worst one of the year (2.2). I am interested in IP but I don't know how it would come across seeing as I didn't do too well in the module at uni?

I have also done work experience in an IP department so should I just focus on that?

MayaM0921

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2023
I have received an invite to AC with NRF. They've asked for my A-level certificates before the assessment day, but I received them in 2016, and cannot locate them.

In terms of next steps, should I just explain that I can contact the exam boards but will need more time to receive the certificates while sending over my uni transcripts?
Hi, do you mind if I ask when you completed your VI?

Amma Usman

Legendary Member
Staff member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 7, 2024
If I am applying to a firm that has a strong IP practice would it be worth mentioning that I took it as a module even though it was my worst one of the year (2.2). I am interested in IP but I don't know how it would come across seeing as I didn't do too well in the module at uni?

I have also done work experience in an IP department so should I just focus on that?
Hi @BonanzaBih_ . Studying the module is definitely worth mentioning, along with your IP work experience to show demonstrated interest. The 2:2 could matter depending on the firm’s policy and whether they focus on each module individually or just your overall grade. However, taking the IP module still reinforces your interest and knowledge in the field.

Reactions: BonanzaBih_

ellabasing

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2023
I want to apply to Latham's open day as I've heard they value that for when applicants then submit applications for their VS but on both the open day and VS application, there is the exact same question about extra-curricular activities, positions of responsibilities etc... I won't submit my VS application until after knowing the outcome of my open day application but would I have to make the answers completely different or could I keep them the same? And if I do need to make them different, how do I even do that?

James Wakefield

Standard Member
Oct 7, 2024
I’m interested to know if anyone is applying/has applied for both the HL Winter Vac and for their Lift Off scheme. I see nothing on the website which suggests you cannot apply for both.

Since the Lift Off scheme includes an invitation to an assessment centre for their Summer Vac, is this a loophole allowing you to be considered for both Winter and Summer? Or should I just focus on other firms now I have applied to HL once?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.