• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
hi @Jessica Booker if an employer is asking you to provide a copy of your visa is this just asking for the sharecode?
If the visa is in your passport, they may need a scan of that, but if there are any formal documents you can provide that confirm the name and expiry date of the visa, then you might be able to provide that as well. I would check with the firm as to what they specifically need if it is not clear from their instructions.

Reactions: BonanzaBih_

fingersarecrossed

Distinguished Member
  • Feb 11, 2024
    Hi!

When law firms limit you to 4 work experiences, is it recommended to include experiences you mentioned in your application answer or to avoid those?

Or can we just put any experience we think would showcase us as a good candidate?

hmevey

Sep 7, 2024
    Do you think it is necessary to have someone review your application before sending? I do not have any links in the legal world that would do this and I have not got a mentor at the moment. WIll i be at a disadvantage just sending my application off? Sorry if this is a silly question

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi!

When law firms limit you to 4 work experiences, is it recommended to include experiences you mentioned in your application answer or to avoid those?

Or can we just put any experience we think would showcase us as a good candidate?
    I would always choose the examples you think are the best examples. Even if you reference those experiences elsewhere in your application, there is likely to be a slightly different focus/reason for highlighting the work experience again.

Lopez2017

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 11, 2023
    Hello,

I'm drafting an application for Taylor Wessing's November Open Day. It might be a silly question, but how do I know which societies TW sponsor? Are these DEI institutions?

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Hi everyone🫶
    Do we need to submit a cover letter for DLA Piper, or is it just our CV and the application questions? In the section for uploading our CV, there's an "Additional application attachments" option, which has me wondering if a cover letter is necessary. Has anyone checked in with grad recruitment about this?

Rad2912

Sep 15, 2024
    Hi everyone🫶
    Do we need to submit a cover letter for DLA Piper, or is it just our CV and the application questions? In the section for uploading our CV, there's an "Additional application attachments" option, which has me wondering if a cover letter is necessary. Has anyone checked in with grad recruitment about this?
    I literally came here just now to ask this- @Jessica Booker what are your thoughts. I also have a reference from my tutor and my scholarship letter, do you think it’s worth attaching?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.