• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone! For anyone that applied for a VS at Jones Day, on the question "Have you have chosen to use AI tools (such as ChatGPT) in your application?" Did you provide an explanation even though your answer is 'No' or do you have to explain your choice regardless of whether your used AI or not? Thanks!
I’d briefly explain why whether it is yes or no.

Reactions: ThelawgraduateX

09tata

Standard Member
Premium Member
Oct 28, 2020
Hi, @WillkieGemma :)

To what extent can you talk about cases you have worked on to demonstrate skills you have developed?

For example I am working on a conspiracy claim and want to use this as an example of when I have shown analytical ability, In my answers I will be discussing how I was able to identify evidence that contradicts the claimants claim (with a bit more detail).

I wanted to confirm that we can talk about cases in some detail as long as we don't disclose the specific case name and parties involved, I assume,

nliro85

Distinguished Member
Jan 25, 2024
I am writing my NRF application. The first question asks why are you interested in commercial law and why NRF. As the 2nd question asks about which sector has the most potential for growth in 12 months. Wanted to ask if I focus on the energy Sector growth for Q2 will it be okay to talk about the firm's project finance work in Q1 or will that be repetition. Any advice will be appreciated @Ram Sabaratnam @Amma Usman @Kay Aston

WillkieGemma

Valued Member
Graduate Recruitment
Nov 4, 2021
Hi, @WillkieGemma :)

To what extent can you talk about cases you have worked on to demonstrate skills you have developed?

For example I am working on a conspiracy claim and want to use this as an example of when I have shown analytical ability, In my answers I will be discussing how I was able to identify evidence that contradicts the claimants claim (with a bit more detail).

I wanted to confirm that we can talk about cases in some detail as long as we don't disclose the specific case name and parties involved, I assume,
Hi @09tata I'm afraid I can't answer that - you would need to verify that with your current employer.

Adithi

Aug 27, 2024
Hi, I was wondering for those who applied to the Willkie open day, who got an email that the results of their application will only be given after the deadline, does that mean we are waitlisted, or is it that they will review all the applications after the deadline as I originally got the message that I will get the outcome within 15 days.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi, I was wondering for those who applied to the Willkie open day, who got an email that the results of their application will only be given after the deadline, does that mean we are waitlisted, or is it that they will review all the applications after the deadline as I originally got the message that I will get the outcome within 15 days.
@WillkieGemma has mentioned in another post that they will be reviewing applications after the deadline, so I suspect this is just a holding email to update you so you know not to worry if you haven’t heard back within 15 days.

Reactions: Adithi

Bread

Jan 30, 2024
Hello, I applied to the Taylor Wessing open day for October 21st and haven’t heard back, however I logged into the website and instead of saying “find out more” it said the event was full but I had the option to reserve a spot. Does this mean I was accepted?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.