TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2024-25

So I got a message from HSF saying I’ve passed the online test but that I won’t hear whether I’m through to the next stage until after the application deadline. Anyone else in the same boat?

Seems a little harsh to give us hope by sending through the test only to say it might not matter anyway.
But still better than getting the you didn't meet the test benchmark score, so count it as a still in it to win it!

Tintin06

Legendary Member
Oct 23, 2019
Holding myself accountable - one new app:

CC* ✅📝
HSF ✅📝❌
NRF ✅📝❌
Weil ✅
Akin ✅
Sidley ✅
Willkie ✅🎥❌
Cooley
Latham
Milbank ✅
Kirkland ✅
Skadden
Goodwin ✅
Covington ✅
Linklaters* ✅📝
Paul, Weiss ✅
Slaughters* ✅❌
Gibson Dunn
Macfarlanes* ✅📝
White & Case ✅
Morgan Lewis ✅
Hogan Lovells* ✅
Cleary Gottlieb ✅
A&O Shearman ✅📝❌
Vinson & Elkins
King & Spalding* ✅

Key: ✅ = application submitted; 📝 = test received; 🎥 = video interview; ❌ = rejection.

*Training Contract applications

Last edited:

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Holding myself accountable - one new app:

CC* ✅📝
    HSF ✅📝❌
    NRF ✅📝❌
    Weil ✅
    Akin ✅
    Sidley ✅
    Willkie ✅🎥
    Cooley
    Latham
    Milbank ✅
    Kirkland ✅
    Skadden
    Goodwin ✅
    Covington ✅
    Linklaters* ✅📝
    Paul, Weiss ✅
    Slaughters* ✅❌
    Gibson Dunn
    Macfarlanes* ✅📝
    White & Case ✅
    Morgan Lewis ✅
    Hogan Lovells* ✅
    Cleary Gottlieb ✅
    A&O Shearman ✅📝❌
    Vinson & Elkins
    King & Spalding* ✅

Key: ✅ = application submitted; 📝 = test received; 🎥 = video interview; ❌ = rejection.

*Training Contract applications
    Ohh you're unstoppable! I'm rooting for you🏆

charlotte1704

• Jan 24, 2023
    The DLA Piper email (having passed the WG) says “Our team will carefully review all candidates who have reached this stage and shortlist those who will progress to the next phase”.

Does this mean the WG was automatic? I thought shortlisted applicants were invited to take the WG in the first place.
    I'm in the same boat, I received an e-mail this morning telling me I have passed the WG. I got excited because I thought this meant I was through to the next round - have you heard anything by chance?

Reactions: Amma Usman

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.