• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
I agree completely with your point on rolling deadlines and you never know if you don't apply but in general, would you advise increasing your chances by putting energy into a firm with a rolling deadline further in the future or non-rolling if a rolling deadline is close? For instance, if I wanted to apply to Bird & Bird, but also wanted to apply to Dechert, whose rolling deadline is much further away, would you say it's smarter to go straight to Dechert as earlier application = higher chance of success? :)
Yes, it is smarter to go with Dechert in the example you provided. I would say that I would try and allocate time to both application, but because you would have much more chances at Dechert, it would make sense to focus more on Dechert for sure.

D

Deleted member 27336

To hold myself accountable:

Slaughter and May (TC): ✅📍❌
Allen & Overy (TC): ✅🖊️📞📍
Clifford Chance (TC): ✅🖊❌
CMS (TC): ✅🖊️

Ashurst (WVS): ✅🖊️📕📍❌
HSF (WVS): ✅🖊️❌
Jones Day (WVS): ✅📞📍❌
Travers Smith (WVS): ✅❌

Linklaters (OD): ✅ 🖊️❌

Application: ✅ Test: 🖊️ Video/First Stage Interview: 📞 Written Exercise: 📕 AC: 📍 PFO: ❌

Happy to provide insights into these app processes. If anyone has insight into A&O AC, plus application processes for Gibson Dunn, Hogan Lovells, Freshfields, and NRF, that would be amazing :)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    To hold myself accountable:

Slaughter and May (TC): ✅📍❌
    Allen & Overy (TC): ✅🖊️📞📍
    Clifford Chance (TC): ✅🖊❌
    CMS (TC): ✅🖊️

Ashurst (WVS): ✅🖊️📕📍❌
    HSF (WVS): ✅🖊️❌
    Jones Day (WVS): ✅📞📍❌
    Travers Smith (WVS): ✅❌

Linklaters (OD): ✅ 🖊️❌

Application: ✅ Test: 🖊️ Video/First Stage Interview: 📞 Written Exercise: 📕 AC: 📍 PFO: ❌

Happy to provide insights into these app processes. If anyone has insight into A&O AC, plus application processes for Gibson Dunn, Hogan Lovells, Freshfields, and NRF, that would be amazing :)
    You are smasing it with applications. I applied for Freshfields and reached TI for NRF.

livrobertson

Premium Member
    Sep 23, 2023
    HL is my favourite firm and I attended their first year insight scheme. I submitted my application for the vacation scheme in October and i just clicked on 'view my application' to have a look and it said that I left the details of my work experience sections blank. I don't think I would do this as I previewed my application before submitting it. I am very stressed about this and have also emailed them about it, writing out the sections again in the email. Will this be a PFO now or can they be understanding about these things if I have tried to remedy it??? Thanks

pb15

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 23, 2021
    thank you so much!! do you know when we may hear back about it/ get an invitation for the AC or receive rejections?
    From what I know from friends who applied last year, I think they start inviting people to AC in December (someone on this forum has already got an invite I believe). And maybe they send out the last few rounds of invites in early Jan? Not too sure, but I do know that they send a lot out before Christmas :)

Reactions: Miss Chocolate
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.