• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Wazaoski

Valued Member
Premium Member
Nov 12, 2018
Do you mind sharing what the email said? Happy for you to PM if you aren’t comfortable sharing on the forum!
Basically a PFO -
Thank you for taking the time to complete your online test and video interview. Unfortunately you have not been selected to attend the Assessment Centre for the role on this occasion.

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    I did it today as on my portal it did not have a deadline hope that is helpful.
    What is the deadline for the LW assessment? Is it 12th or 13th?
    it seems to have a deadline on their automatic email after u sent off the app

To access the assessment, please log back into the apply4law homepage. The deadline for completing the assessment is three days after the application form deadline (London), or three days after submission for non-London vacancies. If you require any adjustments to be made ahead of you taking this assessment, please contact the office you have applied to.

Reactions: amrita6399

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    it seems to have a deadline on their automatic email after u sent off the app

To access the assessment, please log back into the apply4law homepage. The deadline for completing the assessment is three days after the application form deadline (London), or three days after submission for non-London vacancies. If you require any adjustments to be made ahead of you taking this assessment, please contact the office you have applied to.
    That is weird I did not get that email but did their test today to be on the safe side.

• 🤝
    Reactions: mfuturetrainee

Parsorandini

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 8, 2021
    I don’t know the exact reason that I’m posting this…feel like just to vent I guess…. I am today on the verge of changing my desired career path away from being a lawyer. Just bombed another interview today that I prepared so well for simply because of my stutter that I can’t control nor can I cure. Wishing you all the best in your future applications everyone but I can’t keep stuttering and failing.

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    I don’t know the exact reason that I’m posting this…feel like just to vent I guess…. I am today on the verge of changing my desired career path away from being a lawyer. Just bombed another interview today that I prepared so well for simply because of my stutter that I can’t control nor can I cure. Wishing you all the best in your future applications everyone but I can’t keep stuttering and failing.
    When doing pre-recorded interviews - email grad rec letting them know that you have a stutter.
    When doing video/face to face/telephone interviews - let the interviewer(s) know that you have a stutter.

If you are genuinely passionate about being a lawyer, a stutter shouldn’t get in the way of that! You are making it to interview stage as well so you definitely have what it takes. So don’t give up

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.