• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

stacy2523

Premium Member
  • Oct 12, 2023
    Currently completing the Covington Vac Scheme App. How would people go about answering this question:

Name a historical figure that you admire and outline why.

Do you reckon the person has to be famous or can I mention a late family member? Really unsure what they are looking for from this question! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Reactions: axelbeugre

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Hi does anyone have any insight on what type of questions to expect for Clyde and Co's online video assessment.
    Also how many questions and how long one has to answer.
    Feel free to reach out to me as I did it last year.

But I found it easier than Simmons VI and they had a question about their sector focus last year.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and HarmonyN

S87

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    Hi does anyone have any insight on what type of questions to expect for Clyde and Co's online video assessment.
    Also how many questions and how long one has to answer.
    Hi, I did their AC last year and therefore passed their VI. I only remember two questions: 2)if you were to be in a new group setting what sort of questions would you ask? I mentioned 3 and justified all my choices. 2) Why clyde? I mentioned their sectoral expertise and aligned it with my own experiences, their international growth and their tech/innovation. I hope it helps :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and HarmonyN

HarmonyN

Star Member
    Sep 6, 2022
    Hi, I did their AC last year and therefore passed their VI. I only remember two questions: 2)if you were to be in a new group setting what sort of questions would you ask? I mentioned 3 and justified all my choices. 2) Why clyde? I mentioned their sectoral expertise and aligned it with my own experiences, their international growth and their tech/innovation. I hope it helps :)
    Thank you so much😊 Truly appreciated

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker and @axelbeugre

When an app asks for a recent commercial news, how far back can we go? I have a really interesting news story that was published in August, but I'm unsure if this would count as recent considering it's about 3-4months old.
    Ideally anything in the last six months, but sometimes things can be 12-18 months old (as it might be things that only happen once a year, or not very frequently) and that is okay too.

Reactions: axelbeugre

Zaakir

Valued Member
    May 9, 2023
    Currently completing the Covington Vac Scheme App. How would people go about answering this question:

Name a historical figure that you admire and outline why.

Do you reckon the person has to be famous or can I mention a late family member? Really unsure what they are looking for from this question! Any suggestions would be appreciated!!
    I’d say they just want to get to know you, and how you write. I think the fam example is fine. Perfectly fine to also align with your interests imo- if you’re into football, could be Pele. If you’re into boxing, Ali. Doesn’t matter who it is- what matters is a) you’ve outlined why you admire them and b) your answer is easy to follow

Reactions: stacy2523
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.