• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , I would welcome your advice. I am preparing an application for a US firm that's strong in M&A, and I'm also doing a Vac Scheme with a different firm next week. I should get some M&A exposure in the vac scheme, and I was wondering whether you think it's appropriate to reference that in my application for the US firm as an example of where my interest has built from (combined with other factors) or whether it will seem odd to reference that given the Vac Scheme will only be mid way through by the closing date of the US firm?
I think you can reference the upcoming vacation scheme and that you hope to get exposure to M&A work given the firm’s practice areas, but you can’t really claim any experience within the scheme until you have done it.

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
Nov 14, 2023
Does anybody have any insight on what Linklaters values for their SJT? My highest scoring attributes were critical thinking and respect, but my lowest scoring was commercial thinking, which makes me think my application my get chucked 😅.

s9111

Esteemed Member
Aug 17, 2023
Does anyone know how many people Slaughter and May invite to interview versus how many offers they make? I.e., what are the chances of a Vac Scheme offer once at interview, versus pre-interview

Reactions: atlas2425

jplaw1010

Legendary Member
Apr 11, 2023
Just did Willkie's VI and flopped... idk why but not seeing a real person on the other end just completely ruins me even though I have done a few VIs so i kinda know what to expect :/
I’ve done 2 vac schemes and both times I believed I flopped the VI but passed. Honestly keep hope as you never know what could happen!

Reactions: juiceboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.