• Hey Guest, check out Andrei's new guide to building a winning law firm application strategy here. Good luck this cycle :)

TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonM

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 13, 2020
"With reference to a particular area of law, what do you find to be the most interesting about it?"

Any idea what 'area of law' refers to? Would either corporate law or M&A work (although I wouldn't say the latter is an area of law)?
HI @Legalregal, I am working on the same question. Did you manage to figure this out? How did you approach this? I am thinking of including a M&A hot topic in my discussion but wonder if it goes off topic. Grateful for any tips!

Last edited:

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know how many people Slaughter and May invite to interview versus how many offers they make? I.e., what are the chances of a Vac Scheme offer once at interview, versus pre-interview
I’d stress it doesn’t quite work like this.

In a situation where they didn’t want to make offers, they would either invite more people to interview or would just take fewer vacation schemers.

Generally firms will work on the basis of bringing somewhere between 2-4 candidates per vax scheme place though, especially to also factor in people who will decline the offer too.

Aaj03

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Jan 8, 2023
    Did anyone else receive this email from Slaughter & May?
    "Thank you for your application.
    Unfortunately, we will be unable to process your application without your results from the most recent academic year.
    We appreciate that a number of universities are affected by the marking boycott. If you are affected, please send any coursework marks or predicted results you have received to date instead.
    In the meantime, please could you send this to us by 18 January. If we do not hear from you by this date, unfortunately we will be withdrawing your application."

I received 2 grades out of 4 and i added this on the application form- should i just wait to see if i get my remaining grades by the end of December before sending the same 2 grades I put on the application form?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.